Thursday, February 28, 2013

To write, or not to write: that is my dilemma

Whether the writing is to post on this blog or up the word count on my latest MS, I'm unable to commit the time to the task. I've lost the motivation and can't seem to find it. I'm in a writing slump folks, and I don't know how to claw my way out of this hole.

:(

Suggestions?

I am still addicted to writing boards, writing blogs, reading about writing contests, and every time I read a success story I think "See! Why aren't I doing that? Where am I aiming?" I have lost my focus and am worried my blurry sight won't clear. Every night I turn on my computer, I start Word at the point I last stopped, but I cannot write any new words on the page. It's sad, really, because this new story deserve to be told.

I think I'm just afraid to tell it. I'm definitely afraid I won't do it justice.

And I don't know how to turn off all of these doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment