Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Received an Award

Not for my romance writing, but for the entertainment value my blog provides the masses. The "masses" being the (maybe) five or so people who stop by and visit, no doubt. LOL.  :)

Last week the very lovely Kaily Hart, an aspiring writer and blogger addict like myself, awarded me a Kreativ Blogger Award. We're both struggling down the waiting-to-be-published path, (she's a little closer to the end than myself) and her words often lift me up when I need a laugh. Thanks Kailey.  :)

So now it falls on me to do a few things to honor this little award that has made many rounds around the net. First, thank the person who gave this token to me. Second, reveal 7 interesting things about myself. And third, pass on this award to seven other bloggers.

So, check mark against number one ;).  Onto the next...and this could be a little difficult to fulfill. I don't feel I'm an interesting person, but I'll try coming up with some things.

  1. I am the oldest of four girls. I joke that the four of us are unwanted because my parents were really trying for a boy, a goal it seems every older generation of East Indian strove for. But no, they do love us and wouldn't return any of us to Kmart (though numbers 2 & 3 & I did threaten to take the youngest back - often).
  2. I read my horoscope almost everyday. From many different places: the paper, the net, an email. By far, my favorite comes from Astrology Zone. I'm a sucker for what the stars have to say, and remain faithful to the dream even though none of those predictions have panned out.
  3. I was incredibly saddened by a visit to the Taj Mahal ten years ago. Not only because it is a beautiful interpretation of love enduring death, but also because of the state of the grandiose structure. The dazzling white marble of my youth is now streaked with gray, and no amount of meticulous cleaning seemed to be washing away Agra's pollution. Silly, I know, to be affected by the state of such a thing, but there it is.
  4. I adamantly refused to be a stay at home mom before my marriage, but now I selfishly, and secretly, hold onto the title. Not that I don't miss working, I do - you just can't get adult interaction with a 1 1/2 year old - but it gives me more time to be a struggling writer.
  5. My unofficial title has become "the baby maker" of our bunch. I only have one girl so far...the fam's waiting impatiently for another.
  6. I'm psychic...kind of. Ok, not really at all. But I have had some very insightful moments that have come true.
  7. I have completed a dozen novellas: submitted zero. They just aren't good enough, I say, and I am not putting less than my best out there. But that's all changing this year. 2010 will be the year I come out of my shell.  :)
Wow, you have no idea how long it took me to come up with those, and I'm so glad the torture is over! So, now it's left for me to pass on this honor to seven others. For various reasons, and in no particular order, I would like to mention the blogs of:


Whether it's for light reading or writing advice, I often spend a minute at these blogs. I do hope you enjoy them as well.

~Hetal

    6 comments:

    1. Hi Hetal! Thanks so much for the kinds words. I think you came up with a great bunch of interesting things. I was in India mid 2008 but unfortunately it was a business trip and we just couldn't make it to the Taj Mahal. My work colleagues there took just good care of me though and I think I saw a perspective that a regular tourist would not have. What an amazing and fascinating country. Polsih something up and get it out there! You'll never know till you try! I entered a couple of great contests last year that provided very detailed feedback. It was a bit of an eye opener. There were certainly some things that I could not have picked up on myself. It's part of the process to grow and learn with each 'baby' we produce. Have nothing to fear. There's hoards of us out there!

      ReplyDelete
    2. LOL. As you can see, I do have a hard time tempering my verbiage. I'm working on it, I swear. And I'm glad you had an enjoyable visit. I've only been there a handful of times myself (born and raised in the states), but the rapid growth and change is boggling every time. And I swear, I'm putting myself out there more this year. Maybe that's my only-just-realized New Year's resolution.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yay for girls! I've got two - but that's it. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you so much for this award - I'm thrilled and honored! I'll think about which seven bloggers I'm going to pass it on to. Thanks also for intrucing me to your Blog. I'll come back and visit, from time to time, and thanks again.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Hetal,
      thanks for the award! - and wow - it's harder to think of interesting things about myself than I imagined!
      And thanks also for the link

      ReplyDelete
    6. Haha, Jackie, two noms are nothing to sneeze at.

      You deserve it, Hywela, I really do love your stuff. Please do stop by for a bite.

      Aw, Mel, if I can do it, anybody can. I had to pull my own teeth for them. :)

      ReplyDelete